Mnyb wrote:
> Yea but is it ? that would be something for audiorags to actually test?

If they actually cared about real differences - but that would scare
away advertisers. Remember it is the advertisers, not the subscribers,
that pay for the audiorags.

> But imho stuff should have healthy headroom . Just like a preamp should
> not collapse at 1.0-2.0 volts (yes they exist ) some robustness against
> the digital version this is proper design ,again imo

Indeed. And as I keep saying, having the headroom (given the word length
of modern DSP architectures) is not hard.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953