i think my little system is rationally put together as a current music
shrine. that said i set up a system at my girlfriend's house that was
less than 10% my system's cost, and once i was done i was "damn. this
sounds sweet." but we always knew about diminishing returns. it has
always been about how much those were worth to you.

as to the perceived snake oil... hey it happens everywhere. let people
make irrational, passionate choices and enjoy them. 99% of people that
buy an Akrapovic exhaust or Remus exhaust won't get an ounce of everyday
driving benefit out of it. or anyone that buys a Bugatti Veyron. Or a
Lange datograph instead of a swatch. who cares. why does the audio
community care about what people's choices are? i seldom see B&W
Nautilus owners bragging their stuff kicks everything else into
oblivion, but i see Polk owners telling them the Nautilus can't be any
better if they blind test it etc.

audio is weird. we are utter nerds to the masses, and yet we bicker
about a shared passion like there's absolutely no common ground... :-D

...pablo
Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Player) running Ubuntu 12.04 + LMS
7.7.5
System: SB Touch --optical->- Benchmark DAC2HGC --AnalysisPlus Oval
Copper XLR->- NAD M22 Power Amp --AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval->- Totem
Element Fire
Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem
DreamCatcher
Computer audio: workstation --USB->- audioengine D1 -> Grado
PS500e/Shure 1540