You can argue a bit for fit and finish and build Quality , i would not
go much further than bluejeancables these days .
How much cabling was it how long speaker cables if passive and are we
talking 5.1 with a bunch of hdmi cables thrown in ?

I would,not even consider aftermarket high end power cords nowadays
that's a real scam the ones delivered with your stuff are probably safer
and less of fire hazard and fits better , the stiffness and weight of
some aftermarket cords are probably not good considering the fit into
the inlet of your amp etc . I have DIY some power cords what you can
introduce are twisted pairs and screening but that's it possible some
cheap ferrit clamps ( you can buy those cheap in bulk to ). Bewildering
enough the cable brand flogged here have some "entry level " power cords
without the only features you can have :) they made up some of thier own
instead .

But I see the marketing potential so I like the 30$ argument too for
this reason , with a fairly complex rig like mine with over 14 power
cords 4 hdmi cables 12 spdiff cables 1 toslink 8 Ethernet cables 1
analog Rca ( for the sub ) and some of you have a bunch more stuff than
I do :) if I can be compelled to buy a little better than the free stuff
included it's a good sale with high margins for very little engineering
skills ( you buy already engineered cables in bulk ,dress it up a bit
fancy and ad several 1000% markup ).

I do like the DIY aproach with pro or installation cable . If you are
without soldering skills or crimping tools ( you should not solder
spdiff or video cable ) blue jean cable does it good it's basically DIY
on order with well selected engineere cables from a real cable brand
like Belden etc .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )