Archimago wrote:
> Who know Mnyb, maybe it's just going to be a slow burn...
>
> The majority have found excellent sounding cell phones and iPads for
> personal listening - just need better headphones than Beats. The family
> room has a decent receiver and for the folks who want better sound,
> they'll be looking for better speakers for a more social experience if
> the soundbar isn't good enough.
>
> As the current "audiophile" magazines and spiritualist audiophiles
> dwindle over time, the bizarre industry that catered to them will
> dissipate. And all the while "Rage, rage against the dying of the
> light."
>
> I think there will still be a good number of folks who just love the
> high-fidelity experience and want to own hardware capable of it.
> Hopefully this group just stays sane :-).

Yes small signal and digital signal parity is reached today . Or should
be , surprisingly enough there mistakes in many products as the general
customer don't care or are not aware . This is why thorough third party
measurements is essential for component reviews and to call out the
voodoo designed components for what they are

But there are a lot of considerations anyway to choose the rigth product
, functionality features interoperability and quality .....

The amps I hope will be a commodity inside active speakers . The benefit
of an active filter is so great that any and all differences between
decent power amps is irrelevant , even more interesting much of the hi
tech in expensive drivers is due the natural consequences of passive
filter design they get to complex so many resign to very shallow 6dB
first order or 12dB or something , the driver is used over a to wide
bandwith especially tweeters

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )