That's just sad. As usual, without decent quality control the whole
hi-res thing is a fail especially when they let stuff like this happen
with watermarking... Upsampled audio, questionable provenance, dynamic
compressed mastering, now watermarking. All when it's questionable even
if well done hi-res has audible benefits.

Do we have a sense of how prevalent the watermarking is in terms of how
many percent of albums are affected? If high, I'd certainly be avoiding
certain labels that partake in this nonsense. It'd be interesting if
there's a database of these albums out there...

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.