SBGK wrote:
> why is this thread in Audiophiles forum ?
>
> Thought it was well established that software doesn't affect sq.
>
> Should be in General discussion or 3rd party software.
>
> eg
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104044-Roon-a-SqueezeBox-ecosystem-alternative

Suggest history , the current roon userbase , the band of early adopters
you see on thier forum are all about soundquality and messing around
with thier computers as players . That will probably change when the
amount of network devices gain more ground .
Roon started early on with great support for local playback , something
that's not even a core function in LMS , it's a plugin :)

The idea is probably to also compete with jriver etc for a nice computer
direct to hifi interface , many are still stuck there .

So the fellow that started the tread come at it rom an audiophile
perspective ? Roon has that in thier bag to not compromise audiquality
when not necessary and good format support . Sonos don't fit and apple
certainly don't with their weird 16/48 botched resampling on many
devices . Just like squeezebox and LMS . You can have good sound and
good interface and reasonable prices .

But it is more than that . Roon is new competitor in distributed whole
home audio , ( the current early adopters misses the potential somewhat
) hope they gan a wider userbase . I don't think that will hurt LMS ,
the whole niche needs more interest .

The tread could be move to general discussion I agree .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )