ralphpnj wrote:
> So let's try and come up with potential ways that measurements might be
> useful.
>
> Here's one:
>
> Take a baseline set of measurement for a power amp using a standard
> receptacle, standard (stock) power cord and no power conditioner.
>
> Next take a set measurements with the same power amp using:
>
> 1) an audiophile receptacle
>
> 2) an audiophile power cord
>
> 3) a power conditioner
>
> 4) any combination of 1,2 & 3 above
>
> Compare new measurements with the baseline measurements.
>
> As we all know the above will NEVER EVER happen.

At least some parts of the above comparisons have been done - by me.

What I found in the tests that I did was that there were at least some
small differences.

It's a rule of thumb that modern test equipment is so sensitive and
reliable that almost anything that is even slightly different will also
at least measure slightly differently.

Check out Archimalgo's Blog - almost every measurement (If not every
measurement) taken under different conditions  is at least a little
different. Who are you to say based on just measurements that a
difference is not audible?

So now we are back at a far more basic question - what does it take for
a measurable difference be an audible difference. No measurement or
combination of just measurements can answer that question. All that just
measurements can tell you is about just measurements.

If you want to learn something about what actually sounds different to
humans, you must dirty your hands with properly done listening tests
done with humans.