StephenPG wrote:
> I've had a Touch and a Duet for a few years now, and have yet to find a
> DAC that sounds different, let alone better, than the analogue outputs
> of either.

theres NO question the dac (anyone know what the DAC in SBT Is..???) in
the SBT ia very good.But I would still reckon a Dac over £500 plus may
make minor Improvements. I may need to "get this outa my system" to just
convince myself.Worst case I will resell.I have a Quad 67 Cd
Player..Which has a pretty good DAC. (THAT WAS £800 iN 1993.)...YES ITS
Still going strong (although my SBT has made it somewhat redundant
now).The SBT HAS MORE TOP END AND DETAIL IN THE midrange......than my
Quad.But in the lower bass dept the cd wins.The overall sound better
from the CD-but I enjoy the detail and energy from the SBT....