Fizbin wrote:
> Slightly OT but has anyone ever compared the Oppo 105 vs the
> Transporter? I'm curious how the older DAC of the transporter holds up.

You want to talk about older DACs? The DACs in  good quality digital
players such as the Transporter or a mid-priced CD player have generally
been free of audible defects since the late 1980s.  Since then the most
significant change has been an ongoing lowering of costs to the point
where at this time a < $3 DAC chip is again free of audible flaws.

Don'y be mislead by salesman's patter touting magic DAC chips.