Steve Agnew wrote:
> If I was in your situation, I would buy a Raspberry Pi 2 with a
> HifiBerry Dac+ Pro and the matching HifiBerry steel case, which is about
> the best and cheapest high quality replacement for your receiver. Just
> install PiCorePlayer and you are done. Check on the PiCorePlayer web
> site for supported wifi USB sticks if you are on wireless, otherwise you
> are good to go as you already know how to use iPeng and LMS. There's no
> real need to spend big bucks and you don't have to be a Unix expert. I
> hope my Transporters won't ever die on me but I have some Pi's ready to
> drop in if they do.
>
> Regards, Steve.

Perfect, nice to see this future proofing of the original Slimdevices
concept. Thanks for your reply. So in summary it looks like
A Rasberry Pi 2 is a little computer, The HifiBerry Dac+ pro bolts on to
the RPi2 to add quality Audio, put it in a little box and you have
basically a Squeezebox Receiver.
Then PiCorePlayer is loaded on the RPi2 (maybe on a separate micro flash
card?) and the LMS sees the PiCorePlayer as a Squeezebox. Or
PiCorePlayer can replace LMS even?

Sounds like there is no worry about the future of my system. Do I have
it right? Now I just have to decide if I wan't to pick up a Transporter
SE for the better sound quality and/or convenience. I will read up on
the sound quality of the HifiBerry Dac+ Pro. Thanks for the overview.
Lots of progress happens when you step away from the forums for 5 or so
years.