pablolie wrote:
> I think the standing question is "Do the vast majority of people benefit
> from HD Audio?" ( to which I have established my own personal answer,
> but to each their own). I am not a believer in absolute statements,
> because -as you said- they can be easily proven wrong by a singularity.
> Hence, any statement that contains "nobody" or "everybody" or "always"
> will be always met by me with a questioning glance...
>
> But the key thing is - I don't think this study set out to find the
> singular exception to an absolute statement, the goal was to show wider
> validity of the parting premise - in which case the elimination of those
> who admit to be unable to tell a difference seems questionable.

I go for practically nobody ;) which is about the same ..  Couple that
with the typical audiophile demographic and the typical old analogue
recordings they listen to and I would not be surprised that if such a
singular person ever would be found she would not be an audiophile .

But the interesting part is why this never ending quest ? there are some
ingrained beliefs that digital can't really be any good and it goes on
and on .

And on the other hand there is hardly no such quest for better records ?
Well there is a handful of audiophile labels , but they hardly record
anything anyone would listen to anyway ?

Priority must be to make better sounding records as >99% of what's ever
recorded would not fit any hirez criteria or even challenge  good old
16/44.1 CD .

But this passive aproach does not suit OCD type audiophiles with thier
strong belief systems . Hope that the next records you buy sounds better
and that some artist of any pedigree happened to record a good sounding
record ? Instead they buy cable lifters and special power cords....

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )