Julf wrote:
> The audioXpress seems to be the first print mag to go gaga over the
> study. In the intro by Editor-in-Chief Joao Martins, he writes:
>
> "In this extensive study, which can be freely downloaded here, Reiss
> painstakingly analyzes data from 18 studies involving 450 participants
> listening to samples of music in different formats. In total, the
> studies involved more than 12,000 different trials where participants
> were asked to discriminate between formats. The conclusions state,
> without any doubt, that "listeners can hear a difference between
> standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution
> audio," ...at least sixty percent of the time."

Obviously, we are seeing a quote/paraphrase of the press release that
the author seems to have written for himself, and most specifically
*not* an accurate extract of the content of the peer-reviewed paper.

In reality the peer reviewed paper only claims that less than 5% of the
listener's experiences involved accurate identification.