Julf wrote:
> There are some "high end" manufacturers that use truly awful technical
> solutions.

Some use Squeezelite too they use free solution as in open source
because they can't be bothered developing anything on their own .

Alas the probability that , the test where somehow flawed or some
settings where off is much greater than there being any real difference
by real I mean an electroacoustical change vs a physhoacoustical change
.
Actual changed sound waves vs perceived changes ....

Any published measurements ? I know that archimago has done software
players but not mpd vs Squeezelite .
There are others to .

Any plausible mechanism to attribute these differences to ?

Both MPD and Squeezelite are afaik real players ? I don't know MPD's
history maybe I'm wrong .
So I'm not getting at any of these softwares . They are not frauds like
jplay pure sound amarra or any of these OS optimisation apps that are
around ( there is one where confused people makes a mess of windows
server in pursuit of happiness ).

So a good second opinion would be most welcome ( also with dbt and if
possible measurements ) there are thousands of anecdotes about this
subject , but they are as usual not information about whether this
difference exists at all.

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )