drmatt wrote:
> This thread reminds me why I like SB Receivers. Cheaper than a Pi plus
> DAC setup, more reliable and all the in/outputs you need..

I agree that the SB Receivers have more reliable sync than other non SB
solutions. But I can't agree about the "cheaper" part, at least not here
in the UK!

I recently wanted another SB player, and ended up with (my first) RPI
and a low cost USB DAC. It sounds better than my SB Receiver, which I do
like, but I couldn't find one for under the equivalent of under $60
here. I do like the Duet version have though, and would happily have
paid a premium to get another Controller, which I think is great to have
around because of the hardware controls it has. The iOS / Android apps
are ok but not so easy to use.

Interesting thread though. I use Squeezelite on a few players now,
including my in my high end system, where it drives my Discrete R2R
ladder DAC and sounds superb.

Kind regards,

Jonathan