I've had quite a few Dacs over the years, as many people probably had
too.

I've heard different implementations of the Sabre chip, from mellow with
the Wadia Dac to slightly on the hard side. I've heard a few Dacs with
AD chips, they tend to sound very lively and very good extension almost
on the wild side. BB also makes some nice evenly toned Dac chips and of
course the TDA1543 Dac chips used in many NOS Dacs....love um. WM Dac
chips seem to have a real fullness and lushness about them. But my
favorite is the PCM1704UK.

Rank:
PCM1704
TDA1543 - I'd almost rank this #1 due to its character alone but the
PCM1704 beats it.
Sabre
WM
AD