Jeff07971 wrote:
> Whilst I agree with most of you regarding the subjective performance of
> DAC etc. Edwardtherm has posted in the "Audiophile" section of the
> Forum.
>
> If we choose to berate edward here it is US who are in the wrong
> surroundings and should maybe just laugh and move on without comment.
>
> Leave people who want to discuss what they hear here and lets go back to
> our areas of the forum where we measure and are objective

I respectfully disagree. Just because the forum is labeled "audiophile"
doesn't mean that random, sloppy subjective opinions get to be thrown
around without challenge. audiophile does not equal anything goes.

The content is not just used by the people posting. I'd want others who
stumble upon the discussion in the future with a google search to not be
left with the idea that some of the mumbo jumbo espoused is actually
correct.  There are some (not many, sadly) forums that are audiophile
forums but yet recognize science and engineering. I'd even argue that
hydrogenaudio is such a forum (audiophile), but with high standards for
evidence. Heck, I even think of my self as an audiophile in the old
fashioned sense of the world (lover of audio, both the content and the
means of reproduction). Sadly the term has been taken over by those who
are better termed "audiophools".

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify