So my transporter started to reboot once or twice a day, and since
yesterday it is dead. It does reset itself when I hold down the POWER
button for several seconds.
Measured the voltages, the audio section looks fine, but that extra 5V
PS seems bad. The test point on the front panel PCB next to the power
connection drops to 3.1 V when operational, the idle voltage of the PS
is 5V.
There is another test point on the main board next to the ribbon
connector the front panel. Same thing: 3.1V instead of 5V.

So it looks like another one of these PS. No visual clues as to which
component is bad, but I think it is worth getting a replacement and
trying it out.

thanks for the info.