Archimago wrote:

> BTW: Speaking of the marginalizability of "high end" audio and the high
> priests, did anyone else see the video feature of Herb Reichert?
> http://www.stereophile.com/content/reviewer-video-profile-herb-reichert

Based on your comments Mr. A, I watched it.

> Geez. I don't think many people would post nasty comments due to respect
> of human idiosyncrasies but just look at that... My wife would be
> horrified if this guy was some kind of role model. I would be horrified
> if my kids thought this was "cool". Notice there was barely room to
> move. Notice too no shot of his listening room to give us an idea of the
> size or whether reviews are done in a space that's reasonably treated
> for acoustics!

Reading between the lines, I get the feeling that this is also JA's
neighborhood. My first reaction is that like most of the close in NYC
area, its a smelly $#!^ hole. I've spent enough time in NYC that my
brain filled in the sounds and smells that go with the pictures. So I'm
thinking who are you, Detroit-boy to cast stones?  Fact is that the
population density around here is low enough that the place blows clear
due to the natural forces of nature. There are just too many sources of
pollution (IOW people) in the near-in NYC area  for that to happen
there.

I agree with you. BTW compared to my experiences with some other
well-known SP staff like Fremer, this guy is Mr. personality.  His audio
systems and his so-called audio lab appear to be artifacts of the 1970s.
The brand names and model names have changed but the basic technology is
pretty much the same.  We both have Heathkit 'scopes, but mine is not in
use and hasn't been used for decades.