Mnyb wrote:
> Well I think the hostile aproach drives up to much tension and personal
> prestige it locks everyone involved into their trenches.
I agree.
Julf wrote:
> See my comment in the Holy Wars thread...
I know what you mean. Reasonableness doesn't work against certain kinds
of ignorance.

But when people are seemingly acting stupid, often there is a reason for
it that is not stupid at all. Trump voters vote for Trump for a complex
set of reasons. For example, some are left behind economically - and
many in the middle US view comparatively diminished income as a sign of
disrespect of their work and contribution to society. That is hurtful,
and there are limited lawful ways to express that hurt in a substantial
way - one of them being voting in an election.

It is emotional, but emotions are important. Remember none of the cars,
houses, hi-fis, roads, planes, atom smashers or smart phones would have
any meaning at all if humans disappeared over night. Objects only have
meaning in context, the context of humans being present.

I would have voted Hilary, and I voted Remain, but I'm worried about
polarisation in society.

Check it, add to it! http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

SB Touch