Pardon me for butting in but as a confirmed atheist I'd like to give you
my definition. As I see it, an atheist is someone who positively belives
there is no God. There's no need for them to declare that they "know"
that God does not exist, just that on the balance of probabilities it
seems highly unlikely.

Meanwhile I always thought that an agnostic is someone who has not made
up their mind over God's possible existence and prefers to sit on the
fence. Just because something is impossible to prove absolutely doesn't
mean you have to decline taking a stance. Therefore I find agnosticism
to be the logically indefensible position, given the overwhelming weight
of evidence that is available.

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A