darrenyeats wrote:
> Army, that's one thing Siegfried states.
>
> Also, he rates the drivers by HD and picks them on a combination of IM
> and HD performance. Implying HD is significant and not made moot by IM.
>
> I do see your point TBH, I just think you're over-egging the pudding.

Hi Darren!

It's always difficult to make a complicated point by simplifying to the
maximum extent without oversimplifying it.

I think that Arny is doing his best to make his clearly expert
understanding accessible to us, & that both of you are raising valid
points.

IM is truly horrible & I am currently enjoying a 1st rate live recording
of The Allman Brothers Band playing the Fillmore East shortly before it
closed for good in 1971. To have my subwoofers roaring away whilst
enjoying crystal-clear percussion is immensely enjoyable: whether my
neighbours agree remains a moot point.

I'm most interested to hear Arny's take on solid-state Class A with
regard to IM. I know that most recording studios use Class A amplifiers
in their monitoring chain.

Dave :)