Wombat wrote:
> Sure can a stereo expander and a decay change a cymbal sound. Since you
> seem say to know how every processing sounds why do you have to ask?
> So you say you don't believe it is Hire$ but since there is no other
> explanation it must be Hire$?
> Someone else did a well known quote lately "I don't say it was aliens
> but it was aliens" just to keep it related.

Hi Wombat!

Arny has just stated that remixing a track is serious work, so you're
suggesting that a "stereo expander" & some kind of "decay" modifier can
be applied globally to 2 channel music when mastering to change the
perceived dynamics, especially the cymbal crash fade -*without*-
dramatically changing the sound of everything else.

I'm just finding this difficult to comprehend. There's no perceptible
change in the width of the stereo image. What do these gizmos actually
do to the sound?

Dave :)