Morning peeps!

Having been (fairly) reprimanded for being frivolous on this august
forum I thought I'd make a concerted effort to be serious.

It has been mentioned to me more than once on this forum that I would
obtain as much audible satisfaction from the (relatively small
proportion, in the context of my 6,500+ album library of lossless files)
24/96 recordings that I have if I converted them to 16/44.1, the
proposal being that any superior re-mastering efforts that they might
incorporate would be equally apparent in a CD-size PCM box.

My excuse for not doing this so far, other than sheer laziness since
they can be played "as is" (although I do have to adjust the sampling
frequency on my Brokkly DAC), is that I have loads of free space on my
NAS & a lot of other library work to do on my file tags.

However the question arises as to whether a 24/96 format recording might
actually sound -*worse*- than 16/44.1 on account of the anti-aliasing
filtering not being applied until a much higher frequency, which
potentially would permit the onward transmission of signals above the
upper limit of human hearing into my amplifier & loudspeakers.

I'm fairly relaxed that my amplifier (quoted as -0.5dB at 200,000Hz, if
you can believe any manufacturers' specs these days) won't be fazed by
input up to 48kHz, but my speakers have aluminium dome tweeters (again
quoted as -6dB at 40,000Hz) & I wondered if anyone could enlighten me
regarding the approximate frequency of input signal likely to induce
cone break-up (which would have audible effects at lower frequencies) in
this type of transducer?

Looking forward to learning something new today!

Dave :)