Golden Earring wrote:
> Hi Antonio!
>
> I do like the B&W 800 series, but both Focal & Sonus Faber make
> excellent stand-mounts too.
>
> I must confess I've never heard of the Reynauds - are they utterly
> esoteric?
>
> I stand by my personal experience that stand-mount speaker usually
> produce the better sound stage in a small listening room: floor-standing
> speakers tend to work best in larger spaces, & often need to be spaced
> away from any adjacent walls to give their best sound, which again is
> not really practical in a modest-sized room...
>
> I hope that you find some speakers that suit the kind of music you
> prefer, & your own musical appreciation!
>
> Dave  :cool:
>
> P.S. It is an irritation that the forum software does not let you know
> you've exceeded its maximum number of words for a post until you think
> that you've finished - it's happened to me a couple of times & it can be
> difficult to prune your outpouring without losing the flow. Oh well,
> very little IS perfect in this life!  :D

Hi Dave,
I've never heard of the Reynauds too, they 've an excellent reputation
but there are not many in the auditoriums. Focal are quite easy to find,
for the less expensive products.

Choosing a pair of speakers will be a loooong process for me, I'm not
easy to make up my mind !
Thanks again for your help
Antonio

LMS 7.9.0
on Linux Mageia 5 and RPI 3
1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch
Plugins : Trackstat, Smartmix, MusicIP, ...