I have compiled a new build of InguzDSP.exe which overcomes a potential
problem with later versions of Sox and which I am currently testing. I
will provide a link to it when I am convinced there are no issues with
it (it certainly seems to work fine, but it is early days). In the mean
time, if anyone would like a copy of the file please send me a PM. (I
don't think I am infringing any copyright issues as Hugh Pyle has made
the source code available.)

The background:

There is a potential issue with DRC when Inguz uses SOX versions after
14.3.

When doing DRC Inguz checks the sampling rate of the file being played
with the sampling rate of the selected filter and, if they differ, it
uses SOX to resample the filter to the file sampling rate. For example,
if you have selected a 44.1kHz filter file and then play a 96kHz file,
Inguz will use Sox to resample the 44.1kHz filter file and create a
96kHz filter file.

The potential problem with this is that Inguz uses a SOX command that
was removed from Sox version 14.4 (i.e. the "polyphase" option). It was
already deprecated in Sox 14.3 but still usable.)

If Inguz cannot resample the filter file the audio files plays, but
without any DRC.

This would only affect people when Sox 14.4 is installed. Even then it
is possible to get round the issue by getting Inguz to use Sox 14.3
instead or switch filter files when one selects an audio file with a
different sampling rate. However, perhaps that is less than ideal.

The Sox command line that Inguz uses is hard coded in InguzDSP.exe.
Luckily Hugh Pyle has made the source code available and I have
recompiled InguzDSP.exe with a Sox compliant command.

Original line 86 in program.cs:

Code:
--------------------
    static string _soxFmt = "\"{0}\" -r {1} \"{2}\" polyphase";
--------------------

which generates Sox command:

Code:
--------------------
    Sox input_file -r new_sample_rate output_file polyphase
--------------------

Replacement line 86:

Code:
    static string _soxFmt = "\"{0}\" \"{2}\" rate -v -I {1}";

which generates Sox command

Code:
    Sox input_file output_file rate -v -I new_sample_rate

Touch, Meridian G92, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant
Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.