JohnB, I welcome your constructive review of my enthusiastic but
incautious update of the plugin. I regard this thread as a peer review
of code (I was an assembler programmer for 10 years back in the 1970s
before moving into management).

The problem I was attempting to solve was that aac radio streams
wouldn't play with Inguz as installed. Having commissioned several new
pCP players recently I felt it easier to update the template rather than
entries for each player in custom-convert.conf

So, where to from here ?
Should I delete the zip file from my earlier post ?
I agree that someone more qualified than me should update the known non
working code in the plugin. I look forward to testing it.

A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
Three things I hate in life :
1. Vandalism
2. Irony
3. Lists