Man in a van wrote:
> @diego
>
> Some ideas:
>
> What you could try, is a different OS in the pi, either MoOde Audio or
> Volumio.
>
> Or install Raspbian Lite with Squeezelite (and LMS, if needed).
>
> Is the dac a pre-built model or did you put it together yourself?
>
> ronnie
>

> Nice system by the way (it's a bit old skool, in a good way :cool:).

Thanks, indeed I will try this. Anyway, I wait for my passive preamp
first, I believe this will at least greatly reduce the issue. However,
these OS might be a nice try anyway, maybe whe I find a moment I will
just give them a try anway.

The Soekris-DAC1101 is pre-built. It's a very nice multibit-dac, all
built with resistors, no chips involved, and it sounds fantastic in
differents setups I have tried, in particular for it's size and prize.
Only disadvantage: There is no separate power input, power comes only
through USB. And that might be the issue right now. However, I have box
that takes power from a linear psu and puts it together with the usb
signal, so in theory the noisy power from the RPi should not get through
to the DAC. So I can't explain that noise issue totally...

And yeah, thanks, the system is old school indeed. The amps are a bit
outdated and oversized for the speakers and I might think about
replacing them. Not the speakres. I have searched many times but never
found anything that gets close to Rehdeko according to my taste, not
even if rediculously expensive :)