Fizbin wrote:
> I just bought a Transporter as a backup from the seller *onlyonedeal*.
> Last year he listed them as NEW. Now he lists them as "refurbished" with
> a much lower price. I decided to take a chance and buy one. My previous
> Transporter was purchased from *hotdogtec*, which was (and still is)
> listed as NEW.
>
> The one I got from hotdogtec a few years ago had tons of air cushion
> packing materials inside the box, plus two green foam inserts that slide
> into each side of the unit. The one I got from onlyonedeal just had the
> foam inserts...plus when I got the box it was partially opened.
> (Although I'll blame customs on that). Both shipping boxes were the same
> and are quite sturdy.
>
> As for the Transporter itself, the one from onlyonedeal works 100% and
> looks to be unused but it did NOT have a protective label on the display
> like the one I got from hotdogtec. It's hard to get the dust off the
> display at first because of the static charge from being in the plastic
> bag. There were a few small marks on the display too but I was able to
> rub them off with my fingers. Also, the onlyonedeal unit had previous IP
> address settings inputted. This might be due to the unit being updated.
> (Maybe the hotdogtec unit did too, I forget). The accessories of both
> units were all factory fresh.
>
> hotdogtec Black Transporter is $400 plus $40+ shipping to the USA. In
> Canada (where I am) it's $113.95. (Plus customs could potentially be
> another $50, although I lucked out a few years back and wasn't dinged at
> all)
>
> onlyonedeal Black Transporter is $350 with FREE shipping to the US.
> Shipping to Canada is done by GSP with this seller, and the price is
> much lower. It's $17.55US plus $52US customs upfront. Interestingly, the
> day I bought it I was only charged $23 for customs. A glitch? I don't
> know, but this was a total bargain for me.
>
> As for which seller I recommend, it depends on how much you're willing
> to spend. If US buyers want to save almost $100, I would totally get one
> from onlyonedeal. Canadian buyers will save even more. If you want one
> that might be a little more factory fresh and is packed better (assuming
> he still packs the same), then go with the one from hotdogtec. Both are
> bargains as far as I'm concerned.

Hi,
Also bought one from hotdogtec in 2017 and it was absolutely new ! But I
paid it 500 $USD, plus shipping to france, plus custom tax, final price
is more about 800 $USD, but I'm very happy with it, sound is great and I
love the vintage style looking.

LMS 7.9.x
on Linux Mageia 6 and RPI 3
1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch, 1 transporter SE, 1 chromecast audio
Plugins : Trackstat, Smartmix, MusicIP, ...