Paul Webster wrote:
> The answer is from the designer.
> https://thevinylfactory.com/features/levitating-turntable-mag-lev-interview/
When I first heard about this turntable (probably a year or so back), my
immediate thought was "isn't the magnetic drive system going to
interfere with the pickup cartridge?".
I note with interest that in the designer's responses to questions in
the above link, he states that they use "blocking material" (whatever
that might be) which means that _most_ MM cartridges are unaffected. He
also admits that MC cartridges _are_ affected for the time being.

I can't help thinking that this levitating turntable is little more than
an interesting exercise in what can be achieved, rather than having any
practical advantage for day-to-day vinyl playback. The limitations of
the medium itself far outweigh any shortcomings in the manner by which
the platter is rotated.

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A