toolapcblack wrote:
> Hi I'm picking up a transporter this week is the duet still the
> best/cheapest way to control the transporter?
>
> Any other tips welcome thanks

If you mean the controller part of duet, yes it works well. But plenty
of quality control apps for smart phones and tablets that do way more
than the simple duet controller. If you have iOS device then iPeng app
is the gold standard. I use iPeng, CONTROLLER (from duet), squeezeplay
running on my laptop, or LMS via web browser on my laptop to control all
my squeezeboxes, including TRANSPORTER.

*Home:* VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all
ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
*The Wild (no internet): *PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry
Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay
7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify