Well, I buy into the explanation as to why hi-res recordings don't bring
benefits given 'here'
(https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html), with a rather
good 'video demonstration' (https://xiph.org/video/vid2.shtml). In any
case, my ageing ears probably limit matters. I do have some hi-res files
in my collection, but generally by accident rather than design!

Even more interesting than the longevity of the CD format is that vinyl
is hanging on in there. It's interesting that buying a CD is often
cheaper than buying a flac download.

Robert

*Home: *Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.2  with files on QNAP
TS-251A
Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega
Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare
Pi2/piCorePlayer
*Office:* LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > Raspberry Pi 3
with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob