waldo wrote:
> Because a Pi4 is terribly hot compared to previous models. I ended up
> with the Flirc case, which is both a case + heat dissipator and am very
> happy I did so.
> I believe that using a HAT would mean, at least, the raspi processor
> slowing down to avoid heat damage (and for similar performance, then I'd
> rather use  a Raspi 3)

I think the Pi group have lost their way a bit - removing the full size
HDMI for one and adding two minis was a mistake in my book. Who will
want to run a dual monitor setup on a pi ? and yes I agree they run a
lot hotter than the other models. I've used a 3b+ as my LMS server and
player for years now without any problems. I'd be interested to know how
you use a Khados tone bar as I would like to try using another SBC (
FriendlyElec Nanopim4 v2) as a server and player and as none of the pi
DAC hats will work on them maybe a Khados is the answer. My motive for
using it is you can fit a NVME M2 SSD drive via a hat and that would
enable me to get rid of my external USB drive and reduce the clutter of
wires. Does the Khados simply plug into a USB port ?

We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.