waldo wrote:
> Because a Pi4 is terribly hot compared to previous models. I ended up
> with the Flirc case, which is both a case + heat dissipator and am very
> happy I did so.
> I believe that using a HAT would mean, at least, the raspi processor
> slowing down to avoid heat damage (and for similar performance, then I'd
> rather use  a Raspi 3)

While the Pi4 can burn lots of power, streaming audio isn't going to
need high performance. I am running a Pi4 with IQAudio digiAMP+ hat
stacked on the back of the official display.  Cooling is just the stick
on heatsink that the pihut sell.
Reported Pi temperature is 50 - 55 degrees C while driving local
speakers and a separate bluetooth speaker simultaneously.
I can live with that