yvrmike wrote:
> PS, I control my LMS with either my Android phone or from the web
> interface.
>
> If you are looking for an always-on visual interface, Audiophonics in
> France have a number of options; I've seen that case elsewhere too.
>
> https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/network-audio-players-rasptouch-c-6350.html
>
> Personally, I prefer the separation of concerns approach with a Pi4 +
> digital output hat driving an external DAC, but even in my situation, I
> can see some use cases for an integrated approach.
>
> https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/Audio_DAC_Performance_Index/
>
> You can filter by brand to see what Pi HAT DACs he's reviewed - Allo,
> Audiophonics, HifiBerry, Orchard Audio ... come to mind. There may be
> others.Is there so much gain when compared to a hifiberry dac? Just curious.
For me the combo raspberry pi with the hifiberry dac sounds way better a
SB Touch, and I was really surprised by that.

*SqueezeBoxes:* 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio
(Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x
piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch
(Study 2), few spare unit's
*Server:* LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
*Network:* AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity