tw99 wrote:
> As with other replies, the advice is to ignore the shop, the guy is
> talking nonsense.  The hard part is probably getting your friend to
> believe this as there's so much repetition of this sort of rubbish out
> there (review websites, youtube, most audio forums).

Yes, that's the sad part. Lots of "fake news". Tell your friend to read
archimago's blog carefully and forums at "hydrogenaudi.o".
This will keep him grounded and away from all the audiophools.

*Home:* VBA2.5 4TB -or- rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 8.0.x>Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 8.0.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet except Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>foobar2000
*The Wild: *rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS &
Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin,
or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
*Files:* -Ripping-: dbpoweramp > FLAC; -Post-rip-: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
-Streaming:- Spotify