didjean wrote:
> Ahahaha. Audiophools, I like that! :-) Thanks guys! You've just
> confirmed what I thought.
>
> I started doubting when I saw that there was that EDO addon for the
> Touch and therefore was wondering if "transport" could be potentially
> improved.
>
> on his side I think that he is quite happy with the sound quality so
> far, but as he is seeing and hearing comments about expensive streamers
> out there, I think he was starting to doubt about his current streaming
> setup.

No matter what he buys, and how expensive, there will be other, more
expensive and *supposedly* night and day better streamers/DACs that he
will want.  Audiophoolery is an almost incurable disease.  And an
expensive one.

p.s. I'm not an EDO user or that knowledgeable about it. But one of its
main uses was to allow one to feed a DAC via the USB out of the TOUCH.
And a secondary benefit was to allow for 24/192 playback.  But neither
of these things necessarily change the sound quality. Some people just
had DACs with only USB input they wanted to use. And I'd be shocked if
anyone could tell the difference in a double-blind test between 24/192
file playback with EDO vs 24/192 file playback using LMS's automatic
downsampling that is applied to play 24/192 files.

*Home:* VBA2.5 4TB -or- rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 8.0.x>Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 8.0.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet except Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>foobar2000
*The Wild: *rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS &
Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin,
or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
*Files:* -Ripping-: dbpoweramp > FLAC; -Post-rip-: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
-Streaming:- Spotify