I purchased "so called" audio grade USB and Network cables at a hifi
show. Wasn't expecting to hear any difference and I never tested them
against normal cables to see, but I'm glad I bought them. They were on
offer at the show and cost no more than the equivalent computer cables.
The company admitted that they hardly ever sell any which is why they
were practically giving them away.

So, why am I glad I bought them? Simple, it makes wiring so much easier
when the cable looks nothing like any of the others.

What I am curious about is the categories on network cables. My audio
network cables are Cat 8. I know Cat 8 supports longer distancing and
better shielding but my question is what impact does shielding have in
normal circumstances?

As they were so cheap I thought I had nothing to loose as I use them in
a location with loads of other equipment. I know things like microwave
ovens can have a significant impact with interference but has anyone
noticed an impact on lower specified network cables? I'm thinking in
terms of drop outs or buffering etc.?