Fahzz wrote:
> If you want 67 pages of diatribe on this subject:
> https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ethernet-cables-in-for-evaluation.840789/
>
> I know there's threads on Audio Science Review which are (a lot) more
> rational. Like I said earlier, cable issues make people nuts.

Quoting this great comment on that thread:

I don't quite understand why this kind of unfettered product pimping via
pseudoscientific "tests" is not called out here, and yet a thread "why
was CD 44.1kHz", with no inflammatory happenings and just informative
posts (with even links from one of the engineers at Philips) is deleted
without fanfare.

I'm listening to BBC Radio 1 on my Yamaha receiver "net radio". The data
goes:

1. Through 1m of cat5e,
2. To an ASUS wireless access point in bridge mode,
3. Through WiFi 802.11a for about 25 feet to another floor,
4. To a Belkin WiFi router with DD-WRT, also acting as a transparent
bridge and switch,
5. Through a cat5e patch cable to a wall jack,
6. Through another 15 feet of structured Cat5e riser cable to a basement
patch panel,
7. Through another Cat5e patch cable to a D-Link managed gigabit
switch,
8. Another patch cable to a firewall appliance running on a VMWare
virtual machine on a Dell Optiplex,
9. Out another network adapter and patch cable to a Motorola cable
modem.
10. Converted into DOCSYS3 and sent out through coax RG6 to a customer
termination block,
11. Up the house pole, and across the street, where it is joined in with
the rest of the neighborhood cable plant,
12. Likely to a neighborhood hybrid fiber/coaxial termination
transponder,
13. Then via fiber to a cable company signal distribution hub and
headend, where it meets IP routers and many patch cables in the data
center,
14. Routed from Portland to Seattle and then to Kansas city through
interstate fiber feeds and paired commercial connections,
15. Received by a Lightwave Networks peering agreement router and then
ingressed into their content distribution network datacenter,
16. Where a signal is sent to me that has been repeated from a coastal
fiber endpoint such as Mae East, and then has crossed the Atlantic via
an undersea fiber optic cable,
17. and repeat this complexity backwards to get into the BBC to their
server farm, transcoding machines, digital studio workstations, serving
audio to DJs with a system like Prophet or Zetta off a digital music
datastore.

Exactly what Ethernet cable is preventing me from hearing the music
exactly like it would be heard in the studio or in another country?