Hello Alexander,

Alexander Yakushev escreveu isso aĆ­:
> Greetings, Antonio!
>
> I've been using you aweseme-freedesktop module for some time and I
> found it very useful. Recently I've used its code to build my own
> dmenu-style menu extension (here it is:
> http://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/Menubar). Now I want to commit my
> extension to the Awesome upstream and here's the problem I've ran
> into. Your code lacks any form of copyright notice so oficially I'm
> not able to use put your code into a GPL project (even with all
> attribution).

I really don't known why the heck I didn't include an explicit copyright
notice in the first place, since usually I am the one who asks people to
add proper copyright notices to their code. :-/

I've pushed a commit that adds a copyright notice. The code is hereby
licensed under the same terms as Awesome itself.

> If you don't mind this piece of code making it into upstream and
> willing to spend a fraction of your time removing this obstacle then
> I welcome you to the awesome-devel list (awesome-devel@naquadah.org
> <mailto:awesome-devel-subscr...@naquadah.org>). This is the thread
> where we discuss this issue:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/awesome-devel@naquadah.org/msg06800.html.
> Probably you'll only need to add a copyright notice at the top of the
> file or just allow me to commit your code under GPL (attribution to
> you included).  Looking forward to hearing from you and thank you for
> your work.

I will be very pleased to see all of that code integrated upstream, and
I even already manifested the interest to do that before on the ML:

http://www.mail-archive.com/awesome-devel@naquadah.org/msg01463.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/awesome-devel@naquadah.org/msg03637.html

Unfortunately I don't use Awesome anymore, so I don't have the
motivation to work on it myself.

Would it be possible for you to integrate the whole thing upstream? If
so, please let me know when you are done so that I can mark that Github
repository as deprecated and point people directly to upstream.

I am adding the mailing list in Cc:, but I don't intend to subscribe. In
the case my message does not get in, it is signed with GPG, so you can
forward it as an attachment and it can still be traced back to me.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terce...@softwarelivre.org>
http://softwarelivre.org/terceiro