Hello there,

previously (in 3.3), when you wanted to configure floating applications
and tag specific applications, it seems you could use any of the
application class returned by `xprop` (or at least the first one, I
didn't tried all of them).

However, with the new awful.rules module (which looks very nice BTW),
previous application classes didn't work anymore : you *must* use the
*last* application classes returned by `xprop`.

Consider the case for the VLC application. On my computer, xprop says:

    WM_CLASS(STRING) = "vlc", "Vlc"

In 3.3, I used:

    floatapps = {
        ["vlc"] = true,
    }
    apptags = {
        ["vlc"] = {screen = 1, tag = 7},
    }

Now, I must use:

    awful.rules.rules = {
        { rule = { class = "Vlc" },
          properties = { floating = true, tag = tags[1][7] } }
      }

It's not a big deal, once you know that awful.rules checks the
application class using the "last" one, but I spent a bunch of time
figuring out what was happening. I will update the "Awesome 3.3 to 3.4"
wiki page to explain this.

So, I wondered : is it possible to have rules match on every application
class' names? I think this could be helpful for other properties as well
(those which can have several values).

Cheers,

 Jonathan