I'm not sure whether  you are talking of a clone of  the desktop you are
currently  in, which  could  be  achieved through  xrandr,  or just  for
specific windows? I'm not sure either why you would want to do that? ;)

If you could clone specific windows does that mean you could move windows between separate X11 screens without needing Xinerama? IMHO that would be ideal, because this is where a lot of problems stem from (windows appearing in the middle of the screen, or the wrong screen, or moving unexpectedly, etc.) This all works perfectly if each monitor is a separate X11 screen, but then you can't move windows between monitors.

Cheers,
Adam.