Hi,

On 28.11.2011 08:57, Mike Hommey wrote:
> I was looking for tabs support in awesome. The home page says "A lot of
> Lua extensions to add features: dynamic tagging, widget feeding, tabs,
> layouts …;" so I was hopeful, but the only references for an extensions
> adding support are 2+ years old, about tabulous, which, it turns out,
> has been removed.

Hm, I think jd might want to update that list.

> It looks like it was removed as a result of the 2009 survey[1] because
> no one was using it. Which is interesting considering there were 4
> requests for tab support in awesome. So not only people hadn't been able
> to find the feature they were after, but that feature was removed
> afterwards.

Where did you read that it was removed because of the survey?

> Anyways, I'm now wondering if the only solution is to dig up the
> tabulous source from the git repository, or if there are any newer
> solutions to window tabbing?

To safe you the trouble:

http://git.naquadah.org/?p=awesome.git;a=commit;h=599f135e9b7bcf129b58b4d6b1c1099cf3522a3e

This commit message says that it was removed because it was broken.

Cheers,
Uli

--
Bitte nicht mit dem verbleibenden Auge in den Laser gucken.
 - Vincent Ebert