Hi everyone,

I just installed awesome. :) I was wondering if any more experienced users have
found a way to get awesome to do any of the following nice tricks I was used to
having xmonad do for me:

1- Send current window to the next empty desktop.

2- Send current window to the next empty desktop and display/focus that desktop.

3- Display/focus the next empty desktop.

4- (Using 3 screens) Place focus on the (left, middle, right) screen. [I found
the keybindings for "focus next/previous screen" but I find the former somewhat
more practical.]

5- (Also using 3 screens) Switch the desktop that currently has focus with the
desktop that is being displayed on the (physical) screen to its right. Eg, if
the left screen is displaying desktop 1,  the center screen is displaying
desktop 2 and the right screen is displaying desktop 3, then

- if the focus was originally on the left screen, after pressing this key the
screens should be displaying desktops (2, 1, 3)
- if the focus was originally on the center screen, after pressing this key the
screens should be displaying desktops  (1, 3, 2)
- if the focus was originally on the right screen, after pressing this key the
screens should be displaying desktops (3, 2, 1) [ie, it "rolls over"]

Finally, I was wondering if there is a way to obtain (for use in a script/Unity
app indicator) information on which desktops are currently being displayed on
each physical screen. xmonad had a dynamicLogXinerama logHook that would
continuously print which workspaces were being displayed to stdout. How can I
get this information with awesome?

thanks!

~l