kardan <kar...@riseup.net> writes:

> there has been  some noise about the api changes  during minor version
> steps. [1]
>
> For myself  i documented the steps  to build awesome on  debian in the
> wiki.  [2]   [3]  Please   give  any  hints,   if  there   are  better
> solutions. Also i am curious  what was in the './build-debian' script,
> that somehow disappeared. [4]

I didn't  know about this  documentation, interesting. FTR, I  have just
uploaded awesome 3.5.1 to Debian  yesterday (experimental for now but as
soon as it has got enough testing, I will upload it to unstable) and the
Git repository of the Debian packages has been moved there:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/awesome.git;a=summary

About https://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/Awesome-3-git-debian, there is a
missing sudo  for ldconfig  and it's  not clear  to me  why you  need to
manually do cmake and so on?

Thanks for the documentation!

Cheers,
--