> My 50+ year old parents (decidedly non-geeky) parents don't
> seem have issues with their Kubuntu machine they use for web,
> email & ksirtet (tetris).
>
> My 90+ year old Grandmother (also non-geeky) also doesn't
> seem to have issues with Debian + Kmail.

Did they set those machines up all by themselves or did you help them a
little bit? Do they call you if they need a bit of help?

Having a helpful geek in the family can go a long way to easing the fear
of using systems that other "mere users" (yuck) might struggle with.

Basically I'm accusing you of being their tech support ;)

Deirdre Harvey :: Web Producer :: BBC Newsline ::
Newsroom :: BBC Broadcasting House :: Ormeau Avenue :: Belfast BT2 8HQ
::
ph. 02890 338264
http://bbc.co.uk/newsline