Ok so it turns out that a dual bitrate option will continue to be available,
but in Windows rather than Real. So that link is temporarily broken while
things are being moved around. There¹s some useful background here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2009/08/improvements_to_bbc_local_rad
i.html