In a message dated 1/3/2005 2:01:36 P.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I'm not
interested in converting. It is interesting to have exchanges back and
forth and share ideas. It is interesting to compare and contrast. See
the similarities and differences. But sometimes we start to get away
from that and I would prefer not to.
Dear Gilberto,

It strikes me that the purpose of any serious discussion on religion is to ascertain the truth. Having done that, we have an obligation to act accordingly. Otherwise we are ignoring the ultimate claims of religion and making it into a plaything. I'm not saying one has to be 'interested in converting' in order to engage in a religious dialogue, but it does seem to me that one has to make oneself vulnerable to the possibility of conversion if we are going to do so seriously.

warmest, Susan