This is the first Dispensation in which the believers have the privilege of viewing the faces of the Manifestations of God -- the drawing of the Bab and the photographs of Baha'u'llah.

I know of no admonition to the Baha'is to not look at Baha'u'llah's picture on the internet.

I believe it is ill-advised to urge the Baha'is, at the top of a wikipedia page, to not look at the photograph that appears lower on the page, because it sounds weird. Again, there is no such admonition or prohibition.

These statements from the Guardian may provide insight into the issues involved. The statements about the film of the Master I feel provide the spirit behind the guidance regarding the portraits of the Manifestations.

Brent

Photograph of Bahá'u'lláh
"There is no objection that the believers look at the picture of Bahá'u'lláh, but they should do so with the utmost reverence, and should also not allow that it be exposed openly to the public, even in their private homes." (From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, December 6, 1939)
(Lights of Guidance, p. 540)

Viewing the Film of 'Abdu'l-Bahá
"Regarding the use of the Master's film the greatest care must be exercised lest we cheapen its value by too frequent and indiscriminate exhibition either amongst the believers or the non-Bahá'ís. Only on special occasions, such as important anniversaries, should the film be shown and its solemn sacred character should be duly emphasized."
(From a letter of Shoghi Effendi, February 28, 1928)

Portrayal of any Manifestation of God Forbidden
"Your understanding that the portrayal of the Báb and Bahá'u'lláh in works of art is forbidden, is correct. The Guardian made it clear that this prohibition refers to all Manifestations of God; photographs, or reproductions of portraits, of the Master may be used in books, but no attempt should be made to portray Him in dramatic or other works where He would be one of the 'dramatic personae'. However, there can be no objection to symbolic representation of such Holy Figures, provided it does not become a ritual and that the symbol used is not irreverent."
(From a letter of the Universal House of Justice, December 3, 1972)
(Lights of Guidance, p. 539)

Record and Film of 'Abdu'l-Bahá
The Guardian, when referring to this record [of 'Abdu'l-Bahá's voice], requested the friends "to exercise restraint and caution." "In my view," he added, "it should be used only on special occasions and be listened to with the utmost reverence. The dignity of the Cause, I am sure, would suffer from too wide and indiscriminate use of one of the most precious relics of our departed Master." (Extract from a letter of the Universal House of Justice, quoting Shoghi Effendi's guidance, published in Developing Distinctive Baha'i Communities)

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") is sent
by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and
for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by
federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message
and any attachments thereto. Thank you.