Hello Sergey,

On 05.01.2016 00:09, Сергей Коньков wrote:
> Dear fellow users,
>
> I'm just starting with Bareos. Please, can someone explain a certain oddity
> with Fileset Include
> Options?
>
> I've got the following in my config:
>
> ============================
> FileSet {
>   Name = "SKAppServerFileset"
>
>   Include {
>     Options {
>       Exclude = yes
>       Wild = "/var/www/*/public_html/WEB-INF/tmp/*"
>       Wild = "/var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main/*"
>       Wild = "/tmp/*"
>       Wild = "/var/cache/apt/archives/*"
>       Wild = "/var/lib/nginx/static-cache/*"
>     }
>
>     Options {
>       Signature = SHA1
>       Compression = LZ4HC
>       noatime = yes
>       checkfilechanges = yes
>     }
>
>     File = /
>     File = /dev
>   }
>
>   Exclude {
>     File = /.journal
>     File = /.fsck
>     File = /.autofsck
>   }
> }
> ============================
>
> The idea is simple: I'd like to use SHA1 signature and compress everything,
> while excluding a few
> things.
> However, when I use bconsole command "show filesets", the fileset becomes
> like this:
>
> ============================
> FileSet {
>   Name = "SKAppServerFileset"
>   Include {
>     Options {
>       Exclude = yes
>       Wild = "/var/www/*/public_html/WEB-INF/tmp/*"
>       Wild = "/var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main/*"
>       Wild = "/tmp/*"
>       Wild = "/var/cache/apt/archives/*"
>       Wild = "/var/lib/nginx/static-cache/*"
>       Signature = SHA1
>       Compression = LZ4HC
>       NoAtime = Yes
>       CheckFileChanges = yes
>     }
>     File = "/"
>     File = "/dev"
>   }
>   Exclude {
>     File = "/.journal"
>     File = "/.fsck"
>     File = "/.autofsck"
>   }
> }
> ============================
>
> The two Options blocks are joined together. Why?

I guess this is a bug/limitation of the code that creates the configuration in
text form
out of the internal representation of the fileset definition.

> I didn't check thoroughly, but it seems because of this I'm missing
> compression (i.e. observing no
> substantial effect of compression). AFAIK if there is any match clauses
> inside an Options block, the
> relevant options would be applied only to matched files / dirs (source: the
> docs). It seems as if
> compression option is applied to excluded items.

Please check first if your fileset does what you expect.

I would expect that it does, and that the code that creates the fileset out of
the internal
representation is not sophisticated enough to translate the fileset back into
the text format.

Please report the results of your tests, so that we know where the problem is.

Thank you very much,

Philipp

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

 Philipp Storz                             philipp.st...@bareos.com
 Bareos GmbH & Co. KG                      Phone: +49 221 63 06 93-92
 http://www.bareos.com                     Fax:   +49 221 63 06 93-10

 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
 Geschäftsführer: Stephan Dühr, M. Außendorf,
 J. Steffens, P. Storz, M. v. Wieringen