Please read the docs:

http://doc.bareos.org/master/html/bareos-manual-main-reference.html#AutomaticVolumeRecycling

By default, once Bareos starts writing a Volume, it can append to the volume,
but it will not
overwrite the existing data thus destroying it. However when Bareos recycles a
Volume, the Volume
becomes available for being reused and Bareos can at some later time overwrite
the previous contents
of that Volume. Thus all previous data will be lost. If the Volume is a tape,
the tape will be
rewritten from the beginning. If the Volume is a disk file, the file will be
truncated before being
rewritten.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

 Philipp Storz                             philipp.st...@bareos.com
 Bareos GmbH & Co. KG                      Phone: +49 221 63 06 93-92
 http://www.bareos.com                     Fax:   +49 221 63 06 93-10

 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
 Geschäftsführer: Stephan Dühr, M. Außendorf,
 J. Steffens, P. Storz